How to Make the Awesome Tasting “Rocket Spinach Smoothie Recipe”
Here’s what you will need to make it:
- Standard Blender or Rocket Style Blender
- Orange Juice
- Baby Spinach
- Plain Vanilla Yogurt
- Frozen Blueberries & Blackberries
- Frozen Bananas
- Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- Organic Ground Powdered Stevia (optional)
Many people cringe when they think about drinking spinach but this smoothie is smooth and sweet, plus you can adjust it to make it more “spinachy” if you prefer or make it even sweeter if that suits your taste better.
That is the great thing about smoothies–they are so flexible and you can make them exactly the way you like them. You will notice that this smoothie is not really that “green” in color and that’s because it has blueberries in it. However, it is very green in healthiness.
As you can see, I use orange juice in this smoothie but many spinach smoothies are made with some kind of low fat milk or almond mil. Again, it totally depends on what you prefer. The O.J. makes it sweeter.
How to make the Rocket Spinach Smoothie…
First of all, I like to use a rocket blender with attachable glass because it is convenient, but you can use a traditional blender, or super blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec if you prefer top level machines.
Step 1…Stuff the glass with a handful of baby spinach
Step 2…Add 4 Tablespoons of Vanilla Yogurt
Step 3…Add a Handful of Frozen Blueberries & Blackberries
Step 4…Add 3-4 one inch pieces of frozen bananas
Step 5…Add 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Step 6…(Optional) Pinch of Ground Organic Stevia Powder
Step 7…Add 1/4 cup of Fresh Orange Juice or Store Bought OJ
Step 8…Cover carefully and prepare to blend.
Step 9…Blend until smooth on rocket blender or your standard blender.
Step 10…Enjoy your Rocket Spinach Smoothie
1. Always keep ziplock bags of your favorite fruits like bananas, blueberries, blackberries, etc. frozen in your freezer. It is a good idea to peel and break your bananas up into 1 inch pieces before bagging them.
2. The rocket blender works great but many smoothie lovers swear by super blenders like the Vitamix/Blendtec brands for helping them to make the smoothest drinks. Personally, I like a little spinach floating around in my smoothies.
3. If using a rocket blender, don’t forget you have to turn it upside down so you need some liquid near the blades when blending. Otherwise, it will just grind and take forever to get going.
4. This recipe is not written in stone. You can play around with it to make your smoothie thicker or sweeter per your own personal tastes.
5. Baby spinach seems to give a better taste than regular spinach.
6. If you are unsure about whether you will like a spinach smoothie, just start with a little bit in your first one and increase it in your next one after you see they are great.
Thanks for stopping by SpinachSmoothieRecipe.com .